Calling on Africa’s leading scale-ups! Are you the founder of a technology startup currently operating in Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Cote d’Ivoire or South Africa, ready to scale across Africa? You should apply for MEST Africa’s second annual MEST Africa Challenge.
About the Challenge:
Launched in 2008, MEST is a Pan-African training program, seed fund, incubator and hub for technology entrepreneurs in Africa, providing critical skills training in software development, business and communications, as well as seed funding and incubation. Headquartered in Accra, Ghana, MEST is funded by the Meltwater Foundation, the non-profit arm of Meltwater, a global leader in media intelligence and Outside Insight.
The inaugural MEST Africa Challenge in 2018 saw over 700 applications across four markets, out of which 40 made it into the regional finals in Accra, Lagos, Nairobi and Cape Town. One representative from each of team was flown to Cape Town, where they presented in front of a jury of judges from Facebook, MTN, and Meltwater, as well as the Summit’s global audience of investors, Pan-African entrepreneurs and corporate leaders.
Accounteer, a Nigeria-based cloud accounting company, took home the first prize including $50,000 USD in equity investment and a space in the MEST Incubator Lagos.
Top companies in each region will be invited to pitch at regional events, to be held on the following dates, at MEST Incubator locations or local partners office:
- Accra: Wednesday, February 27
- Nairobi: Wednesday, February 27
- Lagos: Thursday, February 28
- Cape Town: Thursday, February 28
- Abidjan: Thursday,February 28
- Up to $50k in equity investment.
- A space in the MEST incubator of their choice.
- The chance to pitch at the finals on a global stage at the 2019 MEST Africa Summit in Nairobi.
- Be post-revenue.
- Operate in the market in which they are applying.
- Be primarily tech-focused.
How to Apply:
Click here to get started.
February 15, 2019.