The FirstBank Innovation challenge aims to leverage top-notch digital technology in improving the banking processes while delivering superior value to our customers. It involves individuals and/or small teams of individuals building creative and innovative software products in a specified area.
The theme of this year’s Hackathon is “Using AI & Big Data to solve problems in Banking and Financial Inclusion”. The challenge will hold at the FirstBank Digital lab on the 11th and 12th of October, 2018.
Each individual who participates the Hackathon must:
- Be an adult at least 18 years old who is legally able to enter into a contract
- Be a lawful resident in Nigeria (for clarity, lawful resident does not mean you have to be a Nigerian citizen or a permanent resident in Nigeria)
- Form a team of three (3) or a maximum of five (5)
- Have a valid bank account (prizes would be paid into a FirstBank Account, one would be opened for each participant if they have none)
Winners will be judged based on the following criteria:
- The direct relevance to the core problem/addressing the core problem;
- The uniqueness of the recommended solution; and
- YThe ease of implementation (e.g. feasible to implement within one year).
1st Prize: N3,000,000
2nd Prize: N1,500,000
3rd Prize: N750,000
How to Become Eligible to Win Prizes
In order to be eligible to compete for Team prizes, all members of the Team must be registered Participants. Winners would be announced at the FBN Tech Summit on the 17th of October, 2018. Prospective winners will be required to provide any requested proof of eligibility and to sign additional paperwork in order to be formally declared winners and to claim prizes.
How to Participate:
To register to be a Participant in the Hackathon and obtain a ticket for the event, go here to fill out a registration form and indicate you agree to the Terms and Conditions. Registrations are limited and are on a first come, first serve basis, and FBN has the right to end registration or limit the number of registrants at any time in its discretion.
No later than 4th of October, 2018 at 11:00 AM.