Are you an early stage start-up based in West Africa? Are you working on a cutting edge of innovation and would like to run a collaboration project with Merck to solve real-life problems? Is your startup innovation is related to Healthcare, Life Sciences, and Performance Materials and Merck’s innovation focus areas? If you have answered yes to any of the questions above. Then apply below!
About the Program:
In partnership with MEST Incubator in Lagos, Merck Accelerator’s satellite program in Lagos is your gateway to quickly explore and validate the potential for co-creating and collaborating with Merck. Apply to get a chance to work on a collaboration project with existing Merck’s innovation projects.
Fields of Funding:
- Healthcare Access Solutions
Born out of the Merck innovation spirit for healthier people worldwide, currently, a pilot consisting of 5 Points of Care facilities at high standards of quality are being set up in Kenya. The platform concept will provide for medication (Dx/OTC) and nurse services enhanced through mobile and digital health solutions.
To augment the digital access solution services, Merck Accelerator’s satellite program is looking for innovative and ambitious startups with a sustainable business model idea in the following areas: delivery of healthcare, financing therapies, healthcare connected logistics, community self-service enablement and affordable, faster diagnosis.
- Biosensing and Interfaces
Merck Accelerator’s satellite program is looking at generating novel insights and building new business models around the integration of electronics and biology. This will enable them to develop groundbreaking medical treatment solutions, based on a unique mix of sensor data retrieval, machine learning, and curation expertise.
- Precision Farming
The program is looking at creating combinations of materials, analytics, and services that will help create a new kind of farming that is no longer dependent on the blanket application of agrochemicals to fields to feed an expanding global population in a more sustainable and ethical way.
Merck Accelerator’s satellite program is looking for startups that fulfill the following criteria:
- Early stage startups that are not more than 4 years old.
- Startups in the fields of Healthcare, Life Sciences, Performance Materials and other search fields such as Bio-sensing & Interfaces, and Precision Farming.
- Startups with at least 2 cofounders.
Benefits of the Program:
This is your gateway to quickly explore and validate the potential for co-creating and collaborating with Merck. In addition, the program has a few perks for the winner:
- Prize: Receive a $3,000 no-strings-attached cash prize.
- Corporate Collaboration: A fully paid trip to Merck Innovation Center at their HQs to pitch for a collaboration project with Merck.
- Office Space: Membership for up to 12 months to Seedspace community in Lagos.
- TrainToInnovate: Access to Merck Innovator Academy TrainToInnovate— an interactive innovation platform to develop innovator skills and share experiences.
- Community: Connect with a rich community of founders and innovators in your region going through the same challenges, as you exchange ideas and build lifetime connections.
How to Apply:
For startups based in West Africa, the Lagos Applications are open from June 17th to August 20th, 2018.