Activities at the Ikotun branch of Access Bank was halted after a fire gutted the building.
The fire sparked off around 4pm from a faulty air conditioner at the gallery and spread to the machines.
The fire reportedly raged for about three hours before it was put out by officials of the Lagos State Fire Service mobilised to the bank.
The fire service director, Rasaq Fadipe, who confirmed the incident, said two fire trucks were deployed in the area.
He said his men were able to prevent the fire from spreading to the other parts of the bank.
“The fire affected the batteries and inverters of the ATMs, numbering about six. The place was heavily smoke-logged and we had to use a forklift and other apparatus to gain access to put out the fire. The batteries are about 200 voltages each,” he said.
An official of Access Bank, said the fire emanated from a malfunctioning AC in the gallery.
He, however, added that the ATM vaults, containing cash, were not affected by the inferno.
The post How Fire Gutted Access Bank, ATMs In Lagos appeared first on Liveofofo.