Liverpool FC sold Brazilian play maker, Coutinho to Barcelona in January for £142m but summer signing, Mo Salah have proven to be more incredible.
Jurgen Klopp’s side have not missed the Brazilian playmaker in anyway since he joined the Catalan giants.
If anything, Egyptian winger, Salah seems to have gone from strength to strength in his absence posing a timely threat to all defenders in the EPL.
The Egypt international scored four goals yesterday as Liverpool demolished Watford 5-0 in a rescheduled League match.
And the winger’s performance had former Arsenal defender Keown wheeling out the superlatives.
Salah’s 28 goals has now made him the leading goalscorer in Europe’s top Leagues followed by Lionel Messi.
European Golden Boot standings
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool): 56 points (28 goals)
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona): 48 points (24 goals)
- Harry Kane (Tottenham): 48 points (24 goals)
- Edinson Cavani (PSG): 48 points (24 goals)
- Immobile (Lazio): 48 points (24 goals)
- Jonas (Benfica): 46,50 points (31 goals)
- Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich): 46 points (23 goals)
- Luis Suarez (Barcelona): 42 points (21 goals)
- Sergio Agüero (Manchester City): 42 points (21 goals)
- Neymar (PSG): 40 points (20 goals)
“He is remarkable,” said Keown on Match of the the Day.
Do you agree that Salah have been more valuable to Liverpool than Coutinho has been for Barcelona?
The post Liverpool ace Mohammed Salah more valuable than Barca’s Phillipe Coutinho appeared first on Latest Sports news and Sports talks in Nigeria.