Apply now for the Westerwelle Young Founders Program 2018 and attend the Young Founder Conference in Berlin, Germany.
About the Program:
The Westerwelle Young Founders Program is a fully funded year-long program for 25 exceptional entrepreneurs from developing and emerging economies. As part of the program, the Westerwelle Foundation hosts an annual conference in Berlin: the Young Founders Conference. Its focus is to connect young founders from developing and emerging economies with each other and with the German startup scene.
The participants of the Young Founders Conference will have the unique opportunity to meet and interact with successful entrepreneurs, investors and political decision makers. They will also join a network of like-minded outstanding young founders from developing and emerging economies.
- Have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model,
- Be based in a developing or emerging country or has a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies,
- Possess a good working knowledge of English.
- Foreign applicants must possess valid travel documents (including a visa, if necessary) to enter Germany, and valid travel medical insurance.
All applications will be screened and shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Skype interview. Based on the results of both the written applications and Skype interviews, the jury then selects the candidates who will get to participate in the Westerwelle Young Founders Program.
Value of Program:
During the year-long program, all fellows will get access to:
- The Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany; 16 – 20 October 2018
- A mentoring programme: monthly mentoring calls with an experienced entrepreneur and with the group of Westerwelle Young Founders
- Invitations and scholarships for entrepreneurship conferences
- An international alumni network
Travel and accommodation for the Young Founders Conference will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation. All fellows are expected to actively participate in the Young Founders Conference as well as in the scheduled mentoring calls.
Duration of Program:
16 – 20 October 2018: Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany
October 2018 – September 2019: Personal mentoring, peer mentoring (remotely)
25th June, 2018.
How to apply: